We had a scare recently. Seems the girls both want to run away every chance they get. Perhaps is a strong sense of independence or the smell of adventure on the wind, either way it has been a little unnerving. Yesterday morning I was getting Nicole dressed and I thought to myself "it's too quiet." Those of you who are parents or have taken care of children know this eerie silence. So, I popped down stairs and the dead bolt on the door was unlocked and the door wide open.

At that moment, I became the bionic man scanning, running, leaping with one singular mission, to find my baby! Now, as an aside, some of you told of the perils of confronting a mother bear and her cub. Now I can't compare the two I but I was sure at that moment I could have run through a brick wall if I had to. I guess I was getting in touch with my feminine side :). BACK TO THE STORY. So I flew out of the door and my mind was calculating and churning like a super computer systematically exploring areas of highest. Rounding a corner I saw her. Walking down the street and of course jumping in a puddle along the way. I grabbed her and held her extra tight and gave her a kiss. I'd like to say I was OK right away but it took a good hour to calm my nerves of what could have been.

As I thought about it throughout the day, I remember when I ran away as a kid. Stick over the shoulder and some supplies wrapped up in a handkerchief as if I was going to take on the world. When my parents found me They were so afraid, the kind of afraid that has complete disregard for all social rules. See they didn't care about anything but getting me back in their arms. I think God longs to have us in his arms too. Even though He's never feels out of control, I bet His heart is heavier than we can fathom about His kids (all humanity) too.

2 comments:

WOW!!!! I can relate with that feeling! Almost every parent out there could. And a feeling of relief when you have them back in your arms. You are such a GREAT DADDY!!!! Love, Grandma Karen

yea i remember you telling me about how she ran away i think i was babysitting a week or something before that but i love how you put that voicemail up there it is really cool =) love you guys!

your awesome babysitter and loving cousin Brittany

Post a Comment

Natalie Orlando

You Followin'?